Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Necklace to Remember


So here it is.  My gift from my husband in honor of our first son starting kindergarten.  It is no secret that I have been lusting after this necklace for some time now.  Well, not really the necklace, but the pendant.  The owner of the wonderfully spectacular, drool-worthy Etsy shop Surfing Silver took my kindergartner's beautiful writing and turned it into a piece of jewelry I will treasure forever.  Do you see the E?  He occasionally gets carried away and adds an extra line in his E.  It's rare these days and I'm so glad he did it and it is now captured in this necklace because now I will always remember.  Even his M's have changed in the few weeks he's been practicing regularly at school.

My husband told me that the owner of Surfing Silver was great to work with and my husband was not an easy customer.  He did this last minute - no??? Shocking!  And then he tried to change from the words to a picture our son drew of a rose... but then hubby lost the picture.  Oh my.  So after much searching he went back to his original idea and she was kind and patient and easy to work with. He kept saying, "Isn't she great?" as if I had interacted with her myself.  But I can say with certainty that I hope my husband is a repeat customer.  I love it.  I cried.  On the verge of bawling my eyes out.  

I eventually plan to own many of these pendants (come on it's an easy gift for any occasion - it should make hubby's life so much easier) and want to put them on a bracelet to remind me of special moments in the life of our family and how blessed we are to have each other.  It will be like a super sentimental charm bracelet that I can add to for the rest of my life and hopefully it will include some pendants made by grandchildren.  Then when the time comes I can break it up and pass the appropriate pieces on to my children and their children.  If you've been following my blog you know I'm all about passing things on to my kids.  You can read about my hunt for the perfect china to pass on here. You may have read about the custom painting I had made for my hubby, but in case you missed it check out this post to see the incredible art work I purchased from Angela's Etsy shop, Bunni Garu

I highly recommend both of these gifts for any occasion, but especially the big things.  They would be great gifts for when your kids make their first communion, graduate high school, get married, have children of their own, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment